Locate an Investigator
New! Locate and Investigator by County click here
All of New Jersey
Cynthia Hetherington, MLS, MSM, CFE, CII – Cynthia has more than 20 years of experience in research, investigations and corporate intelligence. A noted authority and recipient of the 2012 ‘Speaker of the Year Award’ by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (www.ACFE.org). Her company, the Hetherington Group, is a national consulting, publishing and training firm specializing in intelligence, security, and investigations.
One of the most respected online investigators, Cynthia combines her Master of Library Science, Master of Science in Management, experience as a Certified Fraud Examiner, and over 20 years of computer expertise, to establish her company in the online and Internet investigative industry.
Cynthia has been recognized for her work in overseeing national and international investigations for Fortune 500 companies and other organizations in the Middle East, Europe and Asia. Hetherington has provided numerous corporate security officials, military intelligence units, and federal, state and local agencies with training on online intelligence practices.
She is one of the foremost authorities on:
- Employee theft prevention and detection
- Intellectual property loss
- National and international online and database research
- Business fraud prevention and detection
- Asset location and recovery
- Cyber counterterrorism
Hetherington has authored:
- Manual to Online Public Records (2016) Facts on Demand Press
- Guide to Online Due Diligence (2015) Facts on Demand Press
- Web of Deceit: Misinformation and Manipulation in the Age of Social Media (contributing writer) (2011) Cyberage Books
- Business Background Investigations (2010) Facts on Demand Press
She is also the publisher of Data2know.com: Internet & Online Intelligence Newsletter and has co-authored articles on steganography, computer forensics, Internet investigations and other security-focused monographs for other industry publications.
Cynthia founded the OSMOSIS Institute in 2015, the host organization of the annual OSMOSIS Conference, which provides Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) insights and due diligence investigation training, from some of the most recognized social media and open source trainers in North America.
Northern New Jersey
Central New Jersey